03 Jan, 2012
Postdoctoral Position in Computational Catalysis, KAUST
One postdoc position in computational catalysis is available at the KAUST Catalysis Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia. The ability and interest to pursue challenging, interdisciplinary problems, and the ability to deliver proof-of-concept results are essential.
Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to work in applied research, who are comfortable working in strict collaboration with experimental colleagues, and are willing to be directly responsible for their project are encouraged to apply.
The applicant should have a good research expertise in transition metal promoted homogeneous or heterogeneous catalysis. Priority will be given to candidates with expertise in using some of the following codes: VASP, Quantum Espresso, ADF, Turbomole.
Only applicants with the following qualifications will be considered:
- A recent PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry, or a related field;
- Experience with DFT applied to catalytic materials, their behavior and properties;
- Expertise in static or dynamic DFT methods;
- Proficiency in at least one programming language;
- Working experience in compiling and running programs in Linux environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good judgment, independency at work, clear sense of purpose, and accountability.
The position is offered in the group of Prof. Luigi Cavallo (http://www.molnac.unisa.it/). The initial appointment is for one year renewable upon mutual agreement up to three years. Salary is highly competitive, no tax paid to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Benefits include free fully furnished housing, free high standard medical and dental insurance. The KAUST is located on the shore of the red sea, close to Jeddah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Campus life at the KAUST is vibrant, with impressive recreational facilities that include a private beach, marina and golf course.
Applications should include a CV and contact information of at least two references and should be submitted by email to:
Prof. Luigi Cavallo