06 Jul, 2011
Postdoc Position within Food Microbiology, University of Copenhagen
The section of Food Microbiology, Department of Food Science, University of Copenhagen, invites applications for a position as postdoc from August 1st, 2011 to June 30th, 2012.
The Section of Food Microbiology performs both basic and industrial research in collaboration with Danish industry, European private companies and African research institutions. The main areas of research are starter cultures for food fermentation, food safety, pathogens in food production chain and interactions between microorganisms and their hosts.
The postdoc duties will include screening and selection of Bacillus species for animal foods for improvement of growth and feed utilization in piglets. Another part of the position will include the studies on cheese flora through the process of production and ripening. The postdoc position is limited to eleven months.
Applicants must have a PhD degree in Food Microbiology. Qualifications within the following scientific areas are required:
- Experience in characterisation of food microorganisms, primarily lactic acid bacteria and Bacillus species;
- Experience in microbiological and molecular biological methods for identification of bacterial species;
- Experience in DNA sequencing technologies, mainly pyrosequencing, bioinformatics and analyses of sequencing data;
- Experience in denaturating gradient gel electrophoresis technique and data analysis by Bionumerics;
- Experience in mammalian cell culture models;
- Experience in reporting, presentation and article writing.
The postdoc is also required to have a good knowledge of English, to be enterprising and to possess good interpersonal skills.
Terms of employment
The position will be filled according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The post is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
Applications will be assessed according to the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation Executive Order no 284 of 25. April 2008.
The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background. of Copenhagen
For further information about the post, please contact Professor Lene Jespersen, tel (+45) 353-33230, email: email@example.com.
Potential applicants from outside Denmark will find information about life in Denmark (taxation, healthcare etc) at http://ism.ku.dk/.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. To apply for this position, please click here.
Applications – in English – must include:
- Cover letter;
- CV with documentation of education;
- A complete list of publications;
- A maximum of 10 relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment;
- Documentation for additional research qualifications;
- Teaching portfolio:
- Participation in development of educations and seminars;
- Development of educational material;
- Experience with examination and/or censorship.
Please submit your application no later than 14 July 2011.