02 May, 2012
PhD Position in Cognitive Radio, RheinMain University of Applied Sciences
Posted by: admin In: Physics
RheinMain University of Applied Sciences invites applications for a PhD student position within the research project Tunable and Reconﬁgurable UHF Multi-port Antenna Systems for Cognitive Radio Terminals with Small Form Factors.
The research project is part of a multi-party cooperative research effort funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research aiming at the development of enabling technologies for Cognitive Radio. The student will be affliated with the research team of the Department of Radio Frequency Technology and Electromagnetic Compatibility in the Engineering Faculty of RheinMain University.
- Development of concepts for tunable and reconﬁgurable multi-port (MIMO) antenna systems suitable for integration into small form factor devices under consideration of novel functionality to be provided by antenna systems in cognitive radio;
- Speciﬁcation, in cooperation with the project partners, of requirements as well as of RF and digital control interfaces and software algorithms for the antenna systems;
- Design, simulation and manufacturing of prototypes of such antenna systems, characterization by measurements and support for integration into the hardware demonstrator platforms pursued by the project partners;
- Dissemination of research results in scientiﬁc publications and conferences.
The student is given opportunity and will be encouraged to submit a PhD dissertation related to the subject area within our joint PhD programme executed in cooperation with a Technical University.
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Information & Communication Technology or related, with above average score and fulﬁlling the requirements for admission to a PhD programme;
- Above average background in at least two of the subject areas mobile communications, RF technology, antennas and propagation, electromagnetic ﬁeld theory and mathematical modelling;
- Self-motivation, capability and devotion to pursue original research and to cooperate within the team and with our external project partners;
- Good command of the English language.
The position is a full time position with remuneration according to group E13 of the TV-H scale of the German public sector. The contract will initially be limited to 30 month. An extension is aimed at but subject to funding conditions.
For additional information you are invited to contact Prof. Dr.-Ing Werner Schroeder (e-mail: email@example.com).
RheinMain University of Applied Sciences is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to raise the number of women involved in research and teaching. Qualiﬁed women are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be mainly assessed for the applicant’s potential for research. Please direct your written application before June 15, 2012 quoting reference no. ING-M-23/12, and including:
- a letter of application detailing your speciﬁc qualiﬁcations,
- curriculum vitae,
- attested copies of education certiﬁcates, including grade reports (transcript) and other documents,
- letters of recommendation from academic institutions and/or previous employers (optional),
- (electronic) copies of your Master’s thesis (and possibly other scientiﬁc work),
The President of RheinMain University of Applied Sciences