19 Apr, 2012
Medicinal Chemist Position at OriBase Pharma, France
Posted by: admin In: Chemistry
OriBase Pharma, a biotech company specialized in identifying and developing novel kinase inhibitors based in the South of France in Montpellier (150 km from Marseille), invites application for a Medicinal Chemist position. The successful candidate will be an accomplished synthetic/medicinal chemist with state of the art knowledge of all aspects of medicinal chemistry as it is applied to small-molecule drug discovery and will be a motivated, creative, hands-on laboratory scientist with the ability to interact effectively with team members in all areas of drug discovery.
Major responsibilities will involve leading medicinal chemistry efforts on drug discovery projects and will include the design, synthesis, purification and characterization of novel chemical entities. The qualified individual must be proficient in identifying structure activity relationships (SAR) to address potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy and is expected to contribute to pre-clinical research projects as a chemistry project leader. The capability to supervise the professional development of senior-level scientific staff is expected.
- A PhD in synthetic or medicinal chemistry, with several years of industrial drug discovery experience;
- Proven track record of successful drug discovery project leadership, exemplified by patents, public presentations and/or peer-reviewed publications;
- Ability to maintain and use modern chemical instrumentation;
- Knowledge of modern computational methods as applied to medicinal chemistry;
- Motivated team player, able to work closely with other scientific disciplines involved in drug discovery to solve complex problems;
- Ability to work independently and to interact with a multidisciplinary team of medicinal chemists, biologists, pharmacologists and external collaborators;
- Track record of managing the work of senior-level scientists and/or contract synthetic chemistry;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Experience with outsourcing;
- Experience in patents and/or knowledge of small molecule formulation and form development would be a plus.
Interested applicants should send their CV and motivation by indicating on the email subject with ‘OBP-MedChem1′ to: